In short, VPS (Virtual Private Servers) are multiple isolated servers on a single physical server designed to share hardware, licenses and management effort with maximum efficiency.
Each VPS performs and executes exactly like a stand-alone server for its users and applications as it can be rebooted independently and has its own root access, users, IP addresses, memory, processes, files, applications, system libraries and configuration files.
What are VPS good at doing?
- VPS perform exactly like an isolated stand-alone server with similar resources.
- Appears to have its own processes, users, files and provides full root access.
- Each has its own IP addresses, port numbers, tables, filtering and routing rules.
- Each can have its own configuration files for the system and app software.
- Each can delete, add, modify any file, including files in /root.
- Custom configure/modify root application software.
What are the benefits of a VPS?
- No hardware to manage, your server is virtualised.
- Easy to manage - reboot, rebuild and restore from Power Panel.
- Like a dedicated server, but costs a fraction of the price.
- OpenHost VPS are backed-up, supported and reliable.
What are our customers saying?
"Good service over a long number of years, good pricing structure and specials!"
"OpenHost Tech support is responsive with reliable servers and good communication."
"OpenHost provide great customer service & are always happy to help."
"I like that OpenHost is affordable and easy to access :) "
"We're happy that we can count on Openhost being reliable and totally professional so that we can be too."
"Openhost are incredibly easy to deal with and there support team are out of this world."
"OpenHost make it easy administer websites and support is timely and effective."
"If you ever have any trouble, OpenHost instantly have an answer, and just make it work."
"My website's been running for almost 4 years with OpenHost... I have not had a day's trouble!"